Saturday, August 15, 2009

Final Day in Chicago

Well we are back on the airplane flying the friendly skies to Dallas. We luckily landed one of the fancier planes where everyone has their very own TV, so with minimal interaction with each other, all is good. What a day we have had, all I can say is poor Sascha. The poor baby was awaken this morning at 6am with a generous application of numbing cream for the “squishy” parts of her arm. She had to give an urine sample and blood sample before her surgery. After the pure trauma of peeing in a cup we arrived to give a blood sample at 715am. We had to wait a little bit b/c some poor ladies kid was about to completely freak out with the needle and she needed ALL the specifics b/c “he doesn’t take to well to the needle”….UNDERSTATEMENT of the century. We just stood in fright, I almost didn’t let Sascha go next, it sounded like some freak science experiment was happening. Apparently they haven’t heard of the numbing cream, thank you Dr. Carter. Of course she went next and watched the nurse do the whole thing, nurse very impressed with daughter not so much with mom~ I still can’t handle all of that…YIKES! Well after being prepped by all 7 doctors on what to expect and what the result would be, all I can say is…BULLSHIT! Excuse my language, but they made it sound like we would walk into the room and Sascha would still be out, then she would wake up and look at her parents with a half smile and sleepy eyes. Kind of like the movies. Okay, yeah no, after pacing the floors for about an hour and a half they called us back. Let me back it up a bit and tell you about the guy who walked us back, a real nice gentleman who proceeds to tell us about how great the hospital is and how his son was here last year. His son was in the hospital for his third open heart surgery. After looking at the anguish on our face and finding out about Sascha’s procedure, I guess he felt the need to put us in our place. There are always people in a far worse position than you, crazy isn’t it.
Walking into the recovery room we find Sascha sobbing in a fetal position with nurse rubbing her back. There was no half smile or weepy eyes. At this point I could no longer fight back the tears that have been wanting to surface since I found out about her condition. When seeing how vulnerable my baby was, my heart was crushed, I have never seen her in pain or so scared. The sounds coming from her little body were like the music an abandoned puppy with a broken leg on a rainy day would make (oh yeah in an alley). At this point I didn’t notice the tears coming from my eyes, I just noticed the puddle it was making. I never once took my eyes off of her, I didn’t see Alonzo’s face but I could certainly feel his heart break. We just sat in absolute silence for 20min hoping she knew how much we loved her and how sorry we were that she had to do this. Finally after another hit of pain medicine she was better. We stayed in the hospital another hour and then left back to the hotel. This is where we packed our stuff and headed for the airport early. We caught an earlier flt for Dallas, we were anxious to head home. After carrying our juicy booty baby around for hours, and sitting in a cab with no air conditioning for an hour we were ready to be home. The flight was perfect, my kids at home were perfect, my sister was in one piece and my house was clean. At this stage what more could I ask for. I will keep you informed with more info as I receive it in the next couple of weeks. We have an appt on Wed Aug 19th, next week (Happy birthday Jazzy). Take care of each other, peace and love.

No comments: