Monday, September 7, 2009

Medicine Time...

Wow it has definitely been a while. After 3 weeks of absolute craziness, we have a plan. We check into Scottish Rite this Wednesday for three days. During this time they will administer an infusion of chemo and steroids everyday for three days. We are so scared, we are almost mute about the subject. I have felt like throwing up since Friday's appointment. The idea of it all sends a chill down my back. It is a feeling I have never known, a sensation in my heart I can't describe. This time last year I knew my father was dying and I couldn't stop it. I am so glad that I have never been one of those boohoo people that grasp onto the phrase "now what else can possibly happen to me". How shocking a week short of the one year anniversary of my dad's death we will are dealing with this madness. In the last five years, we have lost my mother-in-law, dealt with Diego's hospitalization, lost my brother-in-law, lost my father and now dealing with this disease that is affecting my baby girl. So for those of you reading this, hug your loved ones a little closer or at least call them, don't worry about yesterday and look forward to tomorrow. While we are still breathing, God always gives us another day.
On the bright side of things, Sascha is looking good. She is still giving her siblings crap and making the dog cry. Yeah our dog really cries. The latest is she leashed the dog and tied her up to Diego's bed. She decided during all these appointments she has learned the valid skill of clinical assistance. Guess who her patient was, yeah you guessed it, Savvy. I walked in on her and the dog's ears were down and her tail was between her legs, Sascha on the other hand had a play pot and spatula in her hand. Good timing on my part, I would hate to have known what she would have done with the spatula. Hang in there Savvy, we really are a very loving family. Hey and before I forget, thanks to all who keep helping us with everything. My sister is my rock, thanks so much for taking the time to watch our kiddos so we can focus on Sascha. McKenna & Gary you guys rock for the buddy passes you shot our direction for Carmen to come down and go back. You have saved us some cash. Not to mention hanging with Diego for 5 hours while we dealt with the madness at Scottish Rite. And everyone else who has seen every side of me. I realize that psycho side isn't pretty, so thanks for being patient with me and letting me vent. Also for all of those who have prayed for Alonzo, thank you, he hasn't said anything stupid in a long time. Peace and love always.

I will keep in touch with the rest soon.

1 comment:

randakaiser said...

Keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. We are sending positive energy Sasha's way. Please let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do!

XOXOXO ~
Rachel, Brooks & Colt